Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Straight Stitch Designs // Laurelhurst Pattern Test

Just as I thought life might slow down for a moment I blinked and it was time for selfish sewing week, and my friend Kimberly of Straight Stitch Designs posted a call for another pattern test just in time! I absolutely love her patterns and pattern testing for her, so even with a completely full plate I could not say no.

 












Her newest pattern, the Laurelhurst (available soon), is such an easy, fast & rewarding sew. While I don't mind and sometimes love intense, complex & time consuming garments/bags/quilts, sometimes it is nice to be able to sew something up in a couple of hours or less!

I went from wondering how on earth I was going to find the time to sew one up to sewing two up in no time at all.






















This pattern is so comfy, I could live in these shrugs! Both of the ones I made are from knits I have been hoarding for quite some time waiting for the perfect project (they are both knits I used to sell in my online Etsy shop, and were the end-of-bolt remnant pieces), so being that this was all I had of them I wanted to make sure I used them for something amazing & I am so happy with my choice for both of them!

Laurelhurst #1:

The first one I made is out of a medium weight jersey, and I just love the drape. The pattern went together perfectly and I finished it with a rolled hem all the way around and love it.
























Laurelhurst #2: 

I love the first one so much, and since it is selfish sewing week, I had to sew up another one! I used a lighter weight jersey knit and machine hemmed 1/4" all the way around, it is so cozy & comfy, and I love the color -- perfect for spring!
































I will post more details on how to purchase the pattern when it is released.... stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment