Sunday, March 15, 2015

Selfish Sewing Week // Fancy Tiger Crafts Sailor Top Meets the Kraken


































When it comes time to actually select and sew a project, it is so hard. I have so many ideas and want to sew every pattern with every fabric out there and while working at a fabric shop is amazing and I wouldn't trade it for the world, it can sometimes be overwhelming with all of the new & old amazing fabrics to pick from, and just as I settle on something and get it cut out, a new shipment comes in and I want to drop everything and play with it --> insert Tula Pink Elizabeth coming in the day I cut this top out! Over the years I have had to force myself to finish things before jumping onto something new, and I am so proud of myself for starting and finishing this top in a couple of days without cutting 100 other things out leaving everything unfinished.

Selfish Sewing Week came along and my motto was to just jump in and do something I've been dreaming about. Ever since we got this amazing Octo fabric in (part of Tokyo Train Ride by Sarah Watts for Cotton + Steel), I have been wanting to make something amazing & fun that I would actually wear! I bounced back and forth from a skirt, to a dress and then ran across the Sailor Top pattern and it was over, I knew it would be perfect. I am so happy with the way it turned out! I happen to live in a very eccentric town, Eugene OR, and while I am not brave enough to rock a lot of bold and daring things, I had so much fun wearing this around town yesterday. Everywhere I went from local wineries to local pizza joints, someone commented on how fun and awesome it was. I cannot wait to get tons of wear out of it this summer, and who knows it may even make an appearance at Quilt Market this spring and our trip to Hawaii this summer!































1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your version of this top! That fabric is gorgeous. I have some Cotton + Steel in my stash that I'm waiting to cut into because I don't want to mess it up! Did you have any problems with the fit or construction? I'm getting ready to make this pattern for the first time. I've been sewing with knits for far too long, and it's time to get back with wovens for a bit!

    ReplyDelete