Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Clover and Violet // The Louisa Bag Tour

It is no secret I love bags/purses & so when an opportunity came across my Instagram feed to join in on this bag tour, I couldn't resist! I am a huge sucker lately for quilted bags that use scraps and/or a mashup of lots of fabrics patch worked together. The Louisa Bag is from Clover and Violet is perfect for this. It combines a patchwork look on the main exterior with lots and lots of quilting throughout the entire bag. It is spacious and includes 2 interior pockets, but my favorite detail is the side pockets/ties -- so fun & cute and it really adds something to the bag.

This bag is great for confident beginners  to advanced sewists. It took me about a day and a half (5 movies later) from start to finish, counting in life's little distractions.... you mean we actually have to stop and cook a meal and run errands?!

I had so much fun making this bag, it really allows for your creativity to run wild with the fabric selections/placement and the quilting.

It took me a week to decide on my fabrics... there are so many amazing new (and older) collections out there right now and I am having a hard time making time for everything! I was standing at the counter one day at my fabric shop I help run and Doe just screamed out at me for this pattern. I knew the moment I saw Carolyn Friedlander's new collection, Doe, I had to make something, it was love at first sight after all, and while a quilt will happen eventually I needed something with more instant gratification. I am so happy with the way it turned out, I cannot express how much I love the Doe fabrics. I paired it with a Robert Kaufman Essex linen and feel that they were a perfect match.

I currently have the Louisa Bag patterns on order and the paper pattern will be available in both our storefront & online Etsy shop soon. We currently carry some of Carolyn Friedlander's Doe collection that I used as well as the Essex linen.

Get the Louisa Bag PDF Pattern // here
Shop our selection of Carolyn Friedlander's Doe fabric // here.
Buy Robert Kaufman's Essex linen // here

You can view the other wonderful bags that were made as for this tour on Instagram:
#louisabag
#cloverandviolet

Clover and Violet will also be going a bag tour blog post tomorrow that I will link up here!




No comments:

Post a Comment