Friday, December 5, 2014

Straight Stitch Designs // Capitol Hill Pattern Test

I had the chance to test my second pattern for Straight Stitch Designs, and like the Ballard top I tested, it is amazing! This time we were testing Kimberly's new design, the Capitol Hill dress/tunic. This was one of those tests where we went from version 1 to 6, stuck with it and got amazing results (plus multiple garments!!). I had so much fun doing this test, and really learned a lot. I learned what not to do for certain things, what to do and above all some new techniques like double pleats that look hard, but are surprisingly easy with the amazing instructions.


































Originally this pattern was made as part of a Sew Fab Bundle, but the pattern is now available through Straight Stitch Designs here.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I am working really, REALLY hard to sew from my stash (it is hard being that I work in a fabric shop, which is where most of this fabric originally comes from), but I have been telling myself not to cut anymore off until I use what I have. All 3 of these versions were made from knits we once sold, but are now sold out of. I took the end-of-bolt remnant pieces home and got creative with my cutting! V1 is made with a nice ponte knit and both V3 & V6 were made with jersey knits. Even though V6 was the final version, I love all 3 versions and wear them constantly.

The Capitol Hill dress is described as style meets comfort, which is the perfect description!


No comments:

Post a Comment